Tuesday, August 02, 2005

How-EV-ah

Let me get one thing straight. I like Stephen A. Smith. I know some people hate the crap out of him, and I understand that. Same thing with Jim Rome. I'm not going to try and convince anyone that either one of these guys is great if the person I'm talking to thinks they're awful because I fully realize that these guys are not everyone's cup of tea.

That said, Stephen's show Quite Frankly has got to go. I find Smith compelling for about 3 to 4 minutes. If he's berating Greg Anthony or teetering on the border of yelling 'Shutup Cracker!" to Tim Legler, he's a treat to watch. But ONE HOUR??!! Who's genius idea was this? What are they gonna program as a lead in to this, a 3 hour loop of Sean Salisbury screaming at his reflection in a mirror?

And, even though they're buddies and all, talking (and I use the term loosely) to Allen Iverson for 45 straight minutes might be the single most unwatchable thing that anyone's ever put on television. I've got a better chance of transcribing a debate between Lil' Jon and Master P than piecing together what The Answer just said about Larry Brown.

I would give this show about 3 weeks, but if they haven't cancelled Cold Pizza yet, it's clear that along with the rest of the country, the execs at ESPN aren't watching either.

1 Comments:

At 10:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't watch this, because I'm one of those people who doesn't like Stephen A. (I've said it before, I will again, why did they get rid of David Aldridge?).

But, if they're going to give him a show, why not pair him with Bayless? They did that once on 1st and Ten, and Skip kept interrupting Stephen, to the point I felt sure that Skip was about to die, or at least be seriously injured. Surprisingly, the next day Michael Smith was sitting across from Skip. I was disappointed.

-CalvinPitt

 

Post a Comment

<< Home