Sunday, February 27, 2005

Employee #88

So 'Twoine's back with the Celtics, huh? Celtics fans that I know seem pretty giddy about the whole thing. Granted, the Eastern Conference is so awful that several high school girls teams could pick up Ruben Boumtje-Boumtje off of waivers and compete for first place.

It seems like a really risky move for Ainge. It's nice to send a message to the fans that you would like to compete, but at what cost? In dealing for Walker, Ainge is now Rodney Rogers away from having a team almost as good as the one that needed to be broken up 4 years ago. So what's your big plan, Danny?

I like Paul Pierce as a player. I think he's got a lot of upside, but I am completely unsold on his character. I don't think he'll ever be a team leader and I can't remember ever seeing him will the rest of his squad to win a game. He'll occasionally hit a big shot, and now with Walker sucking up posessions, may turn back into a great role player.

We'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home