Thursday, February 17, 2005

Red Sox Obsessed With Yankees?

This story seemed awfully high on the list of topics considering that I think it's nonsense. So Trot Nixon called out Alex Rodriguez making him the 50th member of the RedSox to do so. Big deal. I doubt very much that Nixon ran up to reporters and said, "Oooh, oooh, interview me! I got smack I wanna talk about A-Rod!". I'm sure that just about every interview with any player or batboy or ticket-taker for the RedSox starts off with the question, "So how 'bout A-Rod and the Yankees?". If he had said 'no comment' or 'I don't want to discuss the Yankees', today's big story would be how afraid Trot Nixon is of the mighty Yankees.

Once sportswriters stop forcing this issue on the RedSox, I predict that they will magically stop 'obsessing' about the Yankees.

2 Comments:

At 7:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I certainly don't feel like defending Arod, but that was some weak smack Trot was laying down. He's not a real Yankee but Jeter and Bernie Williams are? I guess by "real Yankee" we mean overrated and inferior to Rodriguez.

 
At 10:09 PM, Blogger Brian P. Foley said...

I think NIxon was a little bitter over the comment about driving his kids to school while Arod works out. Only can drive ur kids to school for so long.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home