Monday, October 03, 2005

Okay...

Of course I'm happy that the Red Sox made it into the playoffs. Yes, I'm hoping for another thrilling Sox/Yanks ALCS. And of course, I hope that the Sox can repeat as champions.

With that said, there is absolutely no way, I'm putting money on any other team to win it all than the Houston Astros. Everyone says pitching wins in the post-season and last year the Sox were built for the playoffs. Hell, having Pedro and Schilling as your one-two pitching rotation, in a 5 or 7 game series, practically ensures that you'll win. So the Astro rotation of Clemens, Petitte and Roy Oswalt, is clearly the best threesome of all the playoff teams. -And Lance Berkman is on fire to help their offense cause.

So I hope I'm wrong. I hope that the Red Sox bats can overcome all the runs that their rotation inevitably gives up. I hope Ortiz and ManRam just tear the ribbon off the ball, and that Schilling, Wells, Clement and Wakefield pitch their hearts out, but if the regular season is any indication, our best chance is to out-slug everyone. So swing away!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home