Thursday, October 13, 2005

Happy Holiday, Tone!

In the words of Krusty the Klown, "Sandy Koufax? I lost 10 grand when he wouldn't pitch on Yom Kippur! -I did five shows that night!!"

In Tony's absence, I'd like to commend him on something he tried to explain to Wilbon yesterday: "When you live in a city with two teams, you pledge allegiance to one, and HATE the other!"

In most places outside Chicago, people understand this. USC and UCLA fans understand. Yankee and Met fans understand. So do Giant and A's fans. Hell, this is absurd even to Harvard and Yale fans!


So hats off to Jerry Reinsdorf for denying John Cusack, a devoted Cubs fan's request for White Sox playoff tickets. I hear ya, Mike, when you say you and JC are just trying to support the city, and maybe having gone so long without a championship might send you to the other side, but changing horses so easily flies in the face of legitimate sports etiquette.

If I was Mike, or Cusack, I'd also want to go to the games, but would never don a White Sox jersey or make a weasel plead for tickets in the process. In fact, I might even go in disguise. Have some back-bone, guys!

Also:
  • What's up with Bill Platske's eyebrows today? I've dyed my hair and beard in the past, but not just my eyebrows. He looks like a cult recruiter.
  • I know you all need more Golden State Warrior coverage, and believe me, it's on the way. In the meantime, how 'bout this: Warriors.

2 Comments:

At 2:26 PM, Blogger Drew said...

Wilbon's been pissing me off recently. His first strategy was to act like the White Sox didn't exist, then act like he just knew they'd blow it, then jump squarely on the bandwagon as they get into the playoffs, Make some 'bet' that he can't possibly win so he'll 'have' to wear a whitesox jersey and then alternate between "Yay, I'm from the Southside, they won" and "Oh I just knew they'd blow it" every time they lose.

Pathetic...

 
At 2:36 PM, Anonymous Rico Enrico - Spanish Football Sucks said...

Yea Cusack, try turncoating like that in my city of Milan and you could be killed !

 

Post a Comment

<< Home