Thursday, August 11, 2005

I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.

TK, I have no idea what you're doing, but a milestone moment in your show's history happened today and you left Bob Ryan to watch the store.

After yesterday's opening interview with Bud Selig (who I have to admit came across quite well, and I was right there with Wilbon, tearing him apart for his steroid complicity), who would have thought the opening interview today would have been better a mere 24 hours later? Because this is a PTI butt-licking fanboy site first and foremost, let me point out that the Terrell Owens/Drew Rosenhaus interview today will forever be the Lee Harvey Oswald prison transfer of the show's existence.

Holy Buddha! Just when you thought it couldn't get worse, there's T.O. saying he has no desire to talk to Donovan McNabb, there's T.O. calling out his coaching staff, there's T.O. and Rosenhaus looking like a couple of kids on the schoolyard, talking to the principal, saying, "He did (this)!" and "He did (that)!" I have never seen anything more childish from the world of professional sports. Go ahead, I dare you to prove me wrong! No, Ryan Leaf was never this bad, and you know it.

And damage control? -Thy name definitely is not Rosenhaus. Did anyone catch him on Letterman last night? -Where my childhood idol, took him to the shed? (The greatest moment coming after Rosenhaus told the story of recessitating the drowned boy and Dave bluntly asked if he got his standard 3% agent fee afterwards.)

Okay, I know this is not a sports story, its one of those publicity side-shows, but I have to wonder how this will end. Here's my answer (listen up Philadelphia), trade T.O. to the worst team in the league who will take him.

How does this sound?:
  • T.O. and a second round draft pick to Arizona for Larry Fitzgerald (there's your future receiver).
  • T.O. to Mariucci in Detroit for any one of the young receivers there.
  • Or how 'bout this one: T.O. back to S.F., where he has no desire to play, for their first round draft pick next year (I guarantee it's in the top 5)?
Make it happen, gentlemen.

5 Comments:

At 1:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

First, I love that Letterman busted on Rosenhaus that way. Awesome. However, I despise your Arizona/Philly trade. As an Arizona Cardinals fan, I want no part of T.O. The Cards seem to have a lot of good young players, on offense and especially defense, and the last thing they need is T.O. poisoning. I have hope for this year, and that would crush it.

On a related note, I actually liked Skip Bayless's idea for punking T.O. Tell him you will resturcture his deal, because you have freed up some cap space, by trading Donovan McNabb for Jeff Garcia! Then watch T.O's head explode. Again, awesome.

 
At 1:11 AM, Blogger Drew said...

Automatically disqualified by the phrase, "I liked Skip Bayless's idea".

 
At 2:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey haven't you ever heard "Even a blind hog finds a acorn once in awhile"? So even Skip can say something that's not completely imbecilic occasionally, especially when he takes shots at one of the only sports personalities who's a bigger jackass than him.

And I still stand by my assertion the Cardinals should not trade anyone for T.O., let alone Larry Fitzgerald. Trade him to Oakland for Jerry Porter. Let he and Moss kill each other. Or let the fans do it when Moss doesn't run his routes, or Owens short-arms another pass thrown over the middle.

-CalvinPitt

 
At 8:06 AM, Blogger Barry said...

I like the Moss/Owens "See who can be the biggest dick on a team" idea, but keep him out of Detroit. Unless C. Rogers gets hurt again, then Philly can have him. Of course, we still wouldn't want T.O., but they could have Rogers.

I would prefer to see Philly spend the money to keep T.O. and bench him for the whole season. Feasible? Of course not. Satisfying? You betcha. Think fans could all pitch in to make it happen?

 
At 9:18 AM, Blogger Drew said...

You forget that Oakland is a mere 2 miles from San Francisco. Even as dumb as Raider fan is, he's not dumb enough to accept T.O. back in the neighborhood.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home