Saturday, March 19, 2005

Single Elimination.

Yeah, me too.

So condolences to me, who had Syracuse in the final game, and big condolences to cousin Nate, who had them winning it all (it must be in the DNA). Obviously, we both fell for the way Syracuse coasted through the Big East Tournament. Pretty sneaky Boeheim, you heart-breaker. Back to your old ways, I see.

Here's last night's drunken response to the Vermont victory:
For as long as I live, I will not forget the 3 pointer that that dude(T.J. Sorrentine) hit. I honestly would like an explanation of just what the hell he was thinking. It appeared he was running the clock down, but for what? To take an NBA 3? When I saw him pull up and shoot that, I was so happy, thinking he made the mistake of his life. And then it went in. There's no way that's the play the coach drew up. No fucking way. As far as I'm concerned, that was a complete screw-up that worked. Damn. Good for Vermont.
So, here's my revised, second round Final Four:
  • Vermont
  • West Virginia
  • Bucknell
  • University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee
Welcome to my nightmare.

1 Comments:

At 2:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

According to postgame reports Sorrentine actually waved off his coach when the coach tried to call for a screen-roll play. So apparently he this all planned out from the start.

It's insane, but it worked, so there you go.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home